Saturday, September 5, 2009

Eye surgery day

Today before surgery

We have had a few rough days. The eye doc came in yesterday to do a routine check on Raylee and really didn't like what she saw so she had a second opinion and they agreed that she needed to have eye surgery because her ROP (retinopathy of prematurity) had progressed. The eye surgery wasn't our biggest worry but for her to have surgery she would have to be reintubated and put under which both bring their own issues. Anyways Raylee had surgery today at 10:45 am. The laser surgery went well but her heart rate would not come down afterwards. They tried a few things and weren't having much luck then they decided to give her a little more fluids to see if she was dry and that seems to be doing the trick. Her heart rate is still a little high but it is coming down slowly. Hopefully she will be able to get her tube out tomorrow and go back on her vapotherm. She is such a little fighter!

I had a appointment this week and my protein in my urine is not going back to normal like it should of by now. This is the reason Raylee was born early. They have decided to send me to a nephrologist on Wed. to see how my kidney function is. I guess we will see how that goes.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Kyle & Jane

3 comments:

  1. Jane sorry to hear things have been rough lately,but your right Raylee is a fighter and so are you. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

    Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the not so good news about the both of you. Thinking and praying for you all

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got on your blog for the first time!! It's so cute! I'm sorry Raylee had to have eye surgery. I have been so busy downstairs that I haven't been able to get up and see her. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete