Thursday, October 15, 2009


Well we are back in Denver....Raylees daddy is sick this weekend so I went to see our little girl and this is what I walked in on. Is she the cutest! She is now 8lbs 2ozs. She tipped the scales at 8 lbs on Tues. I almost cried when the nurse told me, she is getting so big. After such a wonderful greeting she was pretty fussy. She is having some reflux problems, she is throwing up and is quite upset during her feedings. They started her on some meds Monday for her reflux, but they don't seem to be helping. We will talk to the doctor tomorrow and see where we go from here. She is still doing good on her oxygen so if we could get these feedings under control we could talk about taking her home with us, but for now it is looking like it might be another month or so:( Thank you for all your thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Kyle & Jane

3 comments:

  1. It makes a grandma want to just reach in and hug her- she is looking so alert today! What a time that will be when you bring her home! Poor Kyle, like the rest of us, we should be glad Raylee isnt out among all the crud we are getting! Hopefully Nov will be free of this and Raylee will be home- eating and breathing! Fitting for Thanksgiving Blessings..Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! What cheeks Raylee has. She is so cute. I will pray for her little tummy...she just wants to make sure we're on our toes. I hope all is well with you too. Poor Kyle. You guys all need to get healthy.Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane!

    Wow, I was just thinking about you the other day. I knew you were due to have a baby in early Oct. I went to your FB page and saw that you already have a beautiful baby girl! Congrats to you and your family. Raylee seems to be doing really well for a little preemie. One of my closest friends had her twins at 26 weeks and both were born at 1 lb 4 oz each. They're about 18 months now and doing great with a few challenges here and there. If you'd like to read their story, their website is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/erinkirt. Addie had ROP and just passed her eye test, and Calder is over his reflux issues for now. It's amazing to see their progress. Since we last connected, I too am prego. I'm 14 weeks today. Randy and I are very excited and looking forward to our new adventure. I wish you all the best. Raylee really looks great! As do you! I'll keep you and your girl in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete