Friday, August 7, 2009











Well yesterday was our 4 year anniversary and I was handed the best gift ever, our daughter!!! I was able to hold Raylee for the first time yesterday and it was spectacular!! I held her for 2 1/2 hours. While we were gone yesterday she had a bad spell with her oxygen and they decided to try her on the conventional vent, and she is doing great!! This is a wonderful thing because on the other vents we were unable to hold her. Since she is doing good on it Kyle was able to hold her for 1 1/2 hours today. It is a wonderful feeling being able to hold her after so long. Yesterday was also her first sponge bath. Kaele (one of her wonderful nurses!) said she did great except for when she went under the armpits. Raylee wasn't a fan of that...who really is?
Some not so good news is that Raylees glucose is low and they are not really sure why, so they are still looking into that. It seems like you always have some bad news with the good.
We miss all of you..Keep praying for our little girl!!!

13 comments:

  1. God I am bawling like a baby... so so so happy for you guys, what a great gift!! She looks like a good snuggler already:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle and Jane,
    She is a beautiful little girl and definitely growing. I can't imagine the feelings you are having, but continue being strong and praying. You are both wonderful parents and deserve this little girl. Thanks for the updates. I can't wait to meet her someday at home. Our thoughts and prayers are with you along with so many others in Iowa that don't even know you.
    Love, Tami (Peterson) Swaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing she is! We continue to lift you up every day and think of you often. Love the pics of you holding her! Happy Anniversary! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. I am glad you finally got to hold her, I'm sure that is a great gift for both of you. I will see you three in a couple weeks.
    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary you both.I was trying to figure a way to get in contact, and then got word of this site. I am so happy that Raylee is doing so well, Mike and I have been praying alot! I am so amazed on how much of a fighter she is, truely a miricle. Congrats to you both and dont hesitate to ask if yall need anything.
    Lots of Love,
    Mike, Tamara, Talayna,and Elijah

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy for you both. She is doing so great. We will keep praying for you. She has grown so much. Take care and let us know if you need anything. Happy Anniversary too.
    Nick, Kasi, and Boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to see that you finally get to hold Raylee. I know she will grow even faster and stronger now that she can be in colse contact with you both. What an awesome present. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi you guys-what wonderful news for you! I bet holding her for 2 1/2 hours was pure joy. I suppose it was hard to put her down. As always, I am enjoying your pictures and notes which is nice since I can't be there. Love and miss you and wishing for many more hours of holding! Love Penni

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW EXCITING!!!!! I'm so happy for the both of you. Your little angel is growing so well. Jane, you look beautiful and completely natural being a mom. Seeing these pictures has made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you, it is great news. Happy anniversary, and keep up the good work Raylee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!!!! Im so happy for you all. She is so adorable and Im so glad things are going so well. See.....miracles do happen in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She fits perfectly in both of your arms!!! I think the gifts from her will come often. Yeah. The girls say hello and of course Jersie is ready to offer her services of babysitter, she is such a little motherly.
    Love all three of you.
    Love The Taylor Family

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to hear you got to hold her...And on your anniversary even more special. Happy Anniversary and we'll keep praying for your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete